Friday, January 05, 2007

Paris!

I'm not much of a photographer, so I'm just going to upload just a few pictures on here. I always thought that Paris was over rated, but I am very glad to say that I was wrong. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to in my entire life. To say that I absolutely loved it would really be an understatement.

We were there for just five days, which I have to admit is really not enough for a person to completely explore Paris. All we managed to see were the main tourist attractions. I suppose, they are the main tourist attractions for a reason and from whatever little sightseeing we did, it was wonderful.
I know a lot of people don't actually like the Eiffel Tower and think it to be a metal monstrosity. I actually liked it. It was exactly how I imagined it to be; metal and brown. Yeah, the Eiffel tower is brown. I'm really glad that I knew that it was brown before I actually went there, otherwise I would have been severely annoyed.

The line to go the tower was a nightmare, but we eventually managed to get up to the top because we ahem, kind of managed to skip the queue by perfectly legal means. The view is brilliant and its worth going up there. I read somewhere that Tom Cruise proposed to Katie Holmes on top of the Eiffel Tower. How much do you want to bet that Tom and Katie didn't have to stand for 3 hours in a queue to get up to the top? I'm sure Tom had the whole tower reserved for the evening or something. Hell, if a man reserved the Eiffel tower for me for an evening, I'd totally marry him and become a Scientology expert. Morals be damned!

French food is absolutely delicious (i.e full of millions of calories). I've managed to gain almost 2 kilos in 5 days, even with all the walking we did (which was really a lot!). I feel fat now, but it was worth every calorie and cent, I have to say.

My poor friends got tired of me pointing out cute apartments all over the city that I would eventually be owning when I am older and much more richer. I have decided that one day, I'm going to become the Donald Trump of Paris and my great real estate choices are going to make poor old Donald turn in his grave (because by the time I get rich, he is surely going to be dead).

I just got back a two days ago. I've been thinking about it and I still cant figure out which was my favourite area in Paris, the one that I would absolutely love to go back to again. I think it might be the Quartier Latin or the Opéra, but I don't think I'll ever make my mind up. The trip was also a lot more fun because we went by train. I've always loved travelling by train. It just makes the whole experience so much more fun, according to me, especially if the train is a sleeper.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks for the pics of ol pari.

Glad you had a good time...and I had no idea it was brown. ew.

ash said...

You know I've been to many exotic places around the world but I've never made the short hop to Paris. I guess it's something I should definitely do.
PS I'm posting this comment with a Nintendo Wii while being quite drunk. Surely a world first.

Szerelem said...

For me Paris will always be the best city in the world. Totally not over rated. Its simply fantabulous! I was there for two weeks and I still felt as if I had not seen anything! Did you visit Marais? That was my favourite area of Paris....Just thinking about it makes me want to go back :(

And please dont talk about food and weight. After the last month I think I have put on five kilos....awful....but if I had to it again I would still eat the awesome food I had everywhere :D

niTin said...

I had a chance of visiting France last year- a month long trip or so. I felt it wouldn't do enough justice; so I have decided to go there only later when I'm rich and stay there for at least a year, or my retirement.