Monday, April 27, 2009

Randomisms

Ah, after almost 20 hour of travel I am finally home and too tired to be coherent, which is why I shall resort to one of my favourite forms of communications: lists! They're a great way of communicating a large amount of unrelated information using few words and this is why I love them so much.
  1. I have a new found insane love for German airports. They have free coffee/tea machines and places where you can plug-in electronic devices. What more could a tried traveller who has to kill three hours with a dysfunctional laptop whose battery doesn't last for more than 20 minutes want? Ok, there wasn't any free internet, but that would just be asking for too much, right?
  2. I totally stole tea packets from the airport tea stash. I'm Indian, hoarding freebies is in our blood, and this makes my behaviour totally excusable!
  3. Why hasn't anyone mentioned the awesomeness of Battlestar Galactica before? I have gone through almost three seasons in less than three weeks and I have no idea why I hadn't bothered with it for all this time.
  4. I have a crazy lecture time table for this week and I can think of so many things I'd rather be doing than attending lectures. Why can't I stay at home and watch BSG all day?
  5. After you've been out for a while, its really good to be back home. Nothing makes me happier than sleeping in my own bed after being away for long.
  6. I am officially immune to jet lag and can fall asleep at any given time at any given place.
  7. I hate unpacking more than I hate packing. I also hate putting the clean dishes away or folding up clean laundry so much more than washing dirty plates and putting wet clothes to dry out on the clothes' line.
  8. I have been desperately craving for something fried and unhealthy for the last few days, but I shall be strong and not give in to the pressure.
  9. I watched High School Musical 3 and Twilight on the plane. I'd like to think that it was time well spent. The guy next to me kept giving me odd looks at my hysterical laughter from time to time.
  10. This swine flu pandemic is really scaring me. I used to be a crazy dystopian fiction reader when I was younger, and a disease pandemic is like the start of every decent dystopian novel. If we are all going to die, I might as well skip lectures for the week, right? Right?
Meh, I should really be working on my thesis.

6 comments:

ash said...

You know I'm pretty sure it's only Indian *women* who hoard freebies!
Also I'm fairly sure I dropped plenty of hints about BSG's awesomeness. I also own one of the greatest T-shirts ever:
http://store.hijinksensue.com/product/roslin-08-t-shirt

But take it slow or you'll have no episodes left for when you actually have the time to watch stuff!

ash said...

WAIT! Just realised - don't click on that link! Or at least if you do, look at the picture of the T-shirt but don't read the description text, SPOILER ALERT!

Panacea said...

Firstly, that tshirt is awesome and I'd totally wear it! Secondly, you never told me how AMAZING BSG was, just saying that it was a good show in a random comment isn't equivalent to explaining its utterly amazing it is.

As of today, I'm on season 4 and am very reluctant to watch it because I dont want it to get over. I've been hearing a lot about how everyone hated the finale, please tell me it was good!

PS: I know that you are a serial hoarder! Dont even try and deny it

ash said...

No comments on the finale. And just in case I haven't been obvious:
BSG IS AWESOME. Here's a list of other awesome shows that you might not have watched:
Veronica Mars
The Office (Both versions)
Scrubs (Earlier seasons)
Arrested Development
30 Rock
and, although I don't know if you'll like it, The Wire

There, I think I covered my ass for any future TV show discovery!

Panacea said...

Ash, it is good to note that we seem to have the same taste in tv shows because I have seen everything on your list apart from The Office and 30 Rock, which I know is amazing because I have seen some random episodes of the show and I love Tina Fey. I must also look into The Office because I know a lot of people who swear by it.

Ok, I also add The West Wing to your awesome tv show list, at least the first four seasons because they are really good. I know The Wire is supposed to be good but I'd never be able to sit though it because I'm just too girly for all that violence.

PS: VM season 3 sucked so hard and yet I love that show so much.

PPS: I have all three seasons of AD stored permanently on my computer :)

ash said...

You *must* look into the Office! I consider 30 Rock, The Office and Arrested Development as a kind of US Comedy triangle - mix any two and you get the third.
Also, Tina Fey is my idea of the perfect woman...followed closely by Kristen Bell. And Then Jenna Fischer. I still haven't worked out if my taste in celebrity crushes is what influences my TV habits or vice-versa...

A bit harsh on season 3 of VM don't you think? I did end horribly though.