Thursday, July 27, 2006

Birthday Girl!

I wish I could say that I was the subject of this post, but unfortunately my birthday isn't till September. This post is going to be solely dedicated to our favourite Poodle. It is her birthday tomorrow and she has decided to become into a full fledged adult. She has finally turned 18, which means that now she can legally watch R-rated movies, have sex and drink in this country without feeling guilty for breaking the law (we all know that the law and not the lack of opportunity was the only thing that was keeping her from indulging in these activities)

Even though we have been going to the same school for about four years now, we have only been friends for about a year and a half because well, we had different social circles in school. Alright, who am I kidding, TPF was a bitch for two years, until she finally decided to start being nice to me. It is rather strange that in a grade of 47 people and a school of less than 250 people that we did not become friends straight away. Predictably enough, the first normal conversation we had was on books and ahem... fanfiction. We have been close friends ever since. There is nothing better than Harry Potter bonding to bring people together.

To say that both of us fight a lot would be an understatement, but to say that we both get along would also be one too. I judge how much I care for a person by their ability to get on my nerves. This is a strange parameter to measure love by, but I've found it particularly useful. I think the only person how can get on my nerves as much as my mum happens to be TPF.

In less than a month, we're leaving for university and it's going to be very frightening not to have her here with me living fifteen minutes away from my house or going to the same school as me. I'll miss spending all day together only to get home and talk to her on phone while finding myself emailing her the same evening for absolutely no reason. I think, I'm even going to miss our adorable arguments.

Sample Argument
TPF: 'Is my hair looking okay from the back?'
Pan: 'Do I look like I care?'
TPF: *sulks*
Pan: 'Alright, I'm sorry, it's looking fine, really!'
TPF: *sulks*
Pan: 'Oh my god, do you have to over react for the silliest things?'
TPF: 'Oh look whose talking!'
Pan: 'What is that supposed to mean?'
TPF: 'You think I'm touchy, have you seen yourself?'
Pan: *sulks*
And so the vicious cycle continues for 2 whole minutes till Pan and TPF are either tired of sulking or have forgotten why they were mad at each other in the first place

As Harry once put it , on an average we fight for about 30 minutes a day. (Oh god, we do sound like a married couple, don't we? We remind me of my mum and dad and that is definitely not a good sign).

I'm not even going to try wishing her the very best in life, because I know that she doesn't need luck. She happens to be the most intelligent person I've ever had the opportunity to meet in my short and insignificant lifetime. I love her very much and all I can say is that she's the bestest! As I've told her so many times, I only love her because she's so intelligent, funny and pretty. Now on the other hand, if she was stupid, boring and not to mention horribly ugly, I wouldn't have bothered with her at all. Its the blond hair, green eyes and the pretty dimples that keep me in her company.

Aww, our very own Poodle is finally legal now and all I can do is get teary eyed and go: "They grow up fast, don't they?" and reminiscence on how I've just spent the best two years of my life with her.

7 comments:

ash said...

TPF's mum has her birthday and she writes a glowing tribute. TPF has her birthday and you write something everybit as charming, cute and full of praise.

How long is it before you can hire the two of you to write speeches for weddings/funerals/anniverarys/birthdays etc?

Eris said...

you sound absolutely in love with her.

The Poodle's Friend said...

*snivels*
Thank you! You're the bestest.

Nikki said...

That was lovely.

HAPPY B DAY TPF!

Panacea said...

Ash: You just have to ask nicely and I'll write you a wedding/funeral/anniversary/birthday speech ;) I'm glad you liked it!

Eris: Of course I'm in love with you. Jealous?

TPF: I know! *glows* I'm nice, aren't I?

Nikki: Thanks *blushes*

niTin said...

aww. Cho Chweet.

Panacea said...

Nitin - :) *blushes*