Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Somebody told me

Someone on facebook had tagged me to do a meme called '25 random things about you'. I thought that it would be better to do it over here rather than on facebook because I'm not actually friends with even half the people on my facebook and meh, I'm not sure how I feel about having random, known people know about the irrelevant details of my life. So here it goes:
  1. I don't have too many friends because I'm not a very sociable person, but the ones that I have are awesome. I don't think I could do without them, and I really should put more of an effort to keep in touch with them.
  2. I'm a bit of a book snob, but I can't help it! I just judge you by the books you read, but I'm anything but a snob when it comes to films. Its just that watching something is a passive activity, so in my mind I am totally excused for sitting through bad films.
  3. I'm mildly addicted to reading celebrity gossip websites. I do feel totally trashy when I do this, there is a strange sort of fascination in watching rich people looking pretty and making a fool of themselves.
  4. I love television shows of all sorts, but more specifically, I love Korean and Japanese TV shows. Not many people know this and the people who do know this are either vaguely creeped out or think that I'm making it up.
  5. I'm not very fussy about food but there are some things that I am unable to eat: I cannot eat peas in any form (just thinking about peas is making me feel ill right now), boiled carrots and cauliflower. I like meat, but I don't like eating meat or fish that looks like its original animal form.
  6. I suspect that I might have done better growing up in the 70s.
  7. I'm not really sure if I can live without my ipod or laptop. I know this is a contradiction of the above point, but I'd like to think that I'd have happily made it through with a gramophone and a typewriter if I had grown up in the 70s.
  8. I'd like to think that I'm a good listener because people are always unburdening their troubles on me, and I don't mind hearing them out.
  9. I don't like talking about myself. I never talk to people about the things that are really important to me. Its not because I'm modest or because I have something to hide, I'm just insanely private about my life, which is another reason why this meme is not being done on facebook but on my blog.
  10. I am such a not-so-closeted-romantic. Its not like I believe in romance in real life as such, I just wholeheartedly enjoy it on television.
  11. I am very confrontational when I'm annoyed with someone. I blame this on my family! We like to make scenes and argue in loud voices.
  12. I'm an alone person. I need my space. I'm not sulking, I just like being alone.
  13. I hate people touching my hair, ruffling it or playing with it. Its just something that irritates me to no end.
  14. I've bullied one person in my entire life, and this was almost a decade ago. To be fair, the girl I was mean to was really terrible. Of course, that didn't give us the right to treat her like the way we did and I still get guilt pangs about this from time to time.
  15. I had a really happy childhood. I was the only child and got practically everything I wanted, except that I was never a very demanding kid. I was a little bratty and extremely stubborn, but never in a spoilt, obnoxious manner. Whatever my shortfalls are, they are my own. I cannot blame my upbringing for any of them.
  16. I love chocolate in all forms apart from ice-cream. I don't like chocolate ice-cream. I've always been more of a vanilla person.
  17. I have an irrational, insane hate for Nicholas Cage.
  18. I like being on time. I'm always 5 minutes early and people who are meeting me are always 10 minutes late. This is where having an ipod becomes a must!
  19. I don't like dogs. Dogs don't like me either.
  20. Reading fanfiction on the internet has been my dirty secret since I was 15.
  21. I secretly love frilly dresses. I have no idea why. I've never owned or worn anything with frills, but I love them because they bring out my inner Scarlett O'Hara.
  22. I am obsessive about this show. Go ahead, tease me, I don't really care!
  23. I hate ellipses...no one uses them in the way they are meant to be used...if you get what I mean...
  24. It is really easy to make me happy. You don't have to try too hard!
  25. When I was thirteen or fourteen I decided that I wanted to be a philosopher. I liked the idea of sitting around and thinking all day long, while having other people write about my wonderfully insightful thoughts about the meaning of life. Unfortunately, this isn't as simple to do these days as it was during Socrates' times.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.

Do you know what I hate more than Nick Cage?

Panacea said...

NO, but I'm pretty sure you know what I hate more than Nick Cage!

Charlie said...

. . . I'm anything but a snob when it comes to films. Its just that watching something is a passive activity, so in my mind I am totally excused for sitting through bad films.

You forgot to mention that you TALK through films, so it isn't a passive activity after all.

Off topic: I know you're a book snob, but have you had a chance to lower your standards and read anything by Jhumpa Lahiri? I think her stories and writing are wonderful.

Meg said...

Japanese shows are the best.

ash said...

I got the same tag and was tempted to just copy and paste from an old blog into my facebook page - but very few of my friends on FB know about my ole blog and I'd rather keep it that way.
#1 Is me down to a tee, I need to do better!

8 and 12 are me too, with the caveat that I get antsy if I'm alone for too long and crave a burst of company.

13 I completely disagree with. Playing with my hair (which admittedly is pretty short) turns me into a kitten. And getting my hair washed at the hair dresser's is probably the most sexual experience that is still acceptable to pay for!

16 Does not compute. ERROR

23 Ok, I'm one of the people who doesn't know when to use them. You can probably remember, but ellipses was my biggest, lazy, dirty habit in writing.

Panacea said...

Charlie: Well watching is a passive activity and there is no way you are going to change this warped up classification in my head!

I love Jhumpa Lahiri and The Interpreter of Maladies is my favourite book by her. I really liked The Namesake as well, but not as much as her first book (have you watched the film? That is also pretty good). Also, I've real a couple of stories from Unaccustomed Earth that were lovely.

Meg: I'm so glad someone apart from me watches Japanese shows! They're really amazing, aren't they? I could go on and on about them. You should also watch some Korean shows :)

Ash: Yeah, I know what you mean about keeping your friends away from your blog. I'm not sure how I'd feel about all my friends were reading my blog either.

Hair is so much easier to handle if you're a guy. I hate it when I take ages before going out to make it look decent and then someone just comes up and ruffles it all up. Its the easiest way to wind me up! I've never noticed you using ellipses actually. Its okay if you do it a couple of time but there are some people who use it after ever little phrase and its just something that annoys me.

PS: I'm telling you chocolate ice-cream really doesn't taste good. Its one of the most overrated things in this world!

Panacea said...

PPS: Ash, I just wrote three long emails to my friends today and replied to a whole load of facebook messages that had been accumulating since I don't even know when. I'm feeling so accomplished! :D