Thursday, July 09, 2009

Updating Updates

We finally bought a table and some chairs for the balcony, which is awesome but pointless because we are leaving for the summer in less than two weeks. This leads me to the next thing I am going to say, I just have ONE more exam left for the year; its one of the harder ones and I seem to be having no inclination to study for it. All I want to do it lounge about in the balcony drinking iced tea and read. Why is this not possible?

Before this post disintegrates into one of those Pan's-life-is-so-hard-and-she-is-going-to-whine-about-it-for-the-next-five-paragraphs posts, let me stop myself. Its not really that hard, to be quite honest. I'm still enjoying the summer, sitting under the fan, listening to Michael Jackson and drinking iced tea as I type this out, so I promise no whining around on this post. I wish I could travel around for the holidays but I am no longer the free teenager that I used to be and if I want to have some sort of a future, I need to use my summers to do internships and build up my near-empty resume.

I'm going to be working this summer for the next two months in China. I'm a bit nervous about it but I'm sure its going to end up being a great experience, so I am kind of looking forward to that. Plus, no more studying for the next two months, so I'm hoping to catch up with all the books, movies and tv-shows (English and Korean!) that have been accumulating for a while now. I haven't seen a decent Bollywood film in a year and I think its about time to come out of the rock that I've been living under.

I was in the gym this morning and there was a Michael Jackson video marathon on MTV. I had kind of forgotten how amazing and emotional his videos used to be. I was literally running on the treadmill watching Man in the Mirror almost in tears and had to switch off the television for Earth Song because I would have started crying in that scene when the elephant dies (and I don't even like Earth Song!). I know, I know its probably a CGI elephant, but I am but a victim of my unstable emotions and just can't help myself around Michael Jackson videos :(

2 comments:

ash said...

Oh no, you're one of *those*?! Really, the mass hysterical grief over Michael Jackson is a sad indictment of the world today. Although you might be going to the one place in the world that doesn't care - 2 months in China? That's amazing, how'd you sort that out?

Panacea said...

I wasn't being sniffy because Michael Jackson is dead, I just got emotional because the video for Man in the Mirror is really sad. I couldn't watch the elephant dying one when I was 9 and I can't even watch it now :( Talking about the Michael Jackson thing, I really don't think his death has changed my life or anything and people seem to be generally overreacting about it. But I have to admit that I have been marathoning some old Michael Jackson songs that I hadn't heard in ages and I've always loved his music, especially the old Jackson 5 hits.

I applied for the China thing through my university internship office actually and had to do an interview and everything. I'm pretty nervous but hopefully it's going to be good!