Thursday, August 24, 2006

Break Time

I'm leaving for our annual family vacations early tomorrow morning. I'm not exactly sure if I'm looking forward to these vacations or dreading them. You see, when we're on holiday, all the members of my family end up getting on each others nerves so much so that by the end of it, everyone is extremely relieved to get back and return to work/school.

We're going on a road trip to the north of France and Spain and are going to be staying in a little seaside town next to the Spanish border in France. This does mean that I am not going to have internet access for a week or so. University starts almost as soon as I get back and I'm not particularly looking forward to that. But that qualifies for another post on it's own which shall be written as soon as I get back.

Right now I have a long list of things I have to do before tonight, written down for me very thoughtfully by my dear mother, who didn't think I would remember them. This list includes a whole load of ironing, vacuuming, clearing up my room and not to mention the packing which she has been nagging me to get on with for a week. But yours truly, as usual, has left everything for the last day and doesn't feel like doing it anymore now that the last day has actually come up. I'm in it for a 'Talk' tonight, I can feel it.

9 comments:

ash said...

A vacation? Didn't you just come back from India?! Ah well, enjoy yourself and don't worry too much about university, you'll have a lot of fun.

Nikki said...

Pick me up something cool would you?

You can send it along with what ever you got me from India. I'm still waiting on that. LOL

niTin said...

My mom has this uniquely amazing way of packing. She vacuums the inside of the suitcase so that, we can put in more volume. She never really told me that, but I figured. Moms have this really neat and eerie way of being right all the time. I wish I could be a mom... and be right. And God I need a vacation. Even OJ is taking one and I won't be meeting her for two whole weeks. Not fair.

The Poodle's Friend said...

ROAD TRIP! THis is like when Xander went on a road trip between seasons 2 and 3, or perhaps 3 and 4, yeah, that's more like it, I can't believe I'm forgetting. Anyway. Xander's car broke down and he had to spend the whole summer waitering in order to get the car repaired.
OK, the point of this comment was to highlight how much of a geek I am!
No, actually, the point is that you should make sure your car doesn't break down.
I'll miss you! And make sure you get something for Nikki! :)

Panacea said...

Ash: Yeah I know, but that was just me. My poor parents who were here working away needed a holiday too I guess, and they just decided to take me along :)

Nikki: I'm surely going to get something for you and send it to you as soon as I get back, I solemnly promise.

Nitin: Oh god, I can imagine how terrible it must be for you to spend two whole weeks without OJ.
Moms have this really neat and eerie way of being right all the time.
Telling me that! :)

TPF: I'll miss you too, at least you'll be back by the time I'm back. Thank you for enlightening everyone on this comments section with Buffy trivia. I'm sure they're all very interested.

ash said...

Actually I was interested in the Buffy trivia, although only because you got some things wrong TPF! After his car broke down he ended up washing dishes in a male strip club. And I think, if memory serves, he also mentioned that one day one of the strippers called in sick...but he wouldn't finsh that particular story.

Does this make me a bigger geek than you TPF? :P

j.sterling said...

are you back yet?!?! lol

Panacea said...

jennster: Yeah, I been back for a week now, but havent had much time to blog, but I promise a new post today since it is Saturday and everything :)

Panacea said...

Ash: That definitely makes you a bigger geek than TPF and I can't believe I'm even saying this. I didnt think it was physically possible to know more Buffy tirvia than TPF, but you've totally won this round :)