Saturday, January 28, 2006

Frosty, the snowman was a jolly happy soul....until he got decapitated that is...

After 2 days of continuous snowfall in Milan, one can only imagine the amount of snow filled up on the roads here. As TPF says in her post snow is not a big deal for most people but in a city like Milan where I have just seen snow two times in the last 3 years, its a big deal. My school, over dramatic as always, as soon as we trudged there in the snow, desperately trying to make it in time, decided to tell us that we could return home. So my nerdy friends: Harry, TPF along with me of course decided to be the mature 18 year olds that we are and have a snowball war (yes, I do know the correct term is snowball fight, but what we had was a proper war, with sneaky double, triple agenting, false alliances and the works). Oh, I hope TPF is still ashamed of herself for trying to blind me with snow. My eye still feels weird, you know.

Much to the embarrassment of my entire street, we squealed like 10 yr olds, had random old people looking at us fondly with a smile and had the best time of our lives by building the joy of our short lives, the apple of our eyes: Frosty (original, I know) .

Frosty (aka Joey Ramone, because of his punk styled hair, which is a mohican and not a part of the male anatomy, as several people seem to suggest) was an amazing snowman, which just reminds me of the main aim of this post.

How to Build a Snowman in 5 easy steps:

  1. Choose a location a lot of fresh snow.
  2. Collect the snow in only place, make a huge snow ball and keep patting it to make it bigger and bigger.
  3. Take care to see that you keep piling the snow around the ball and not on top of it, unless you want a volcano and not a snowman.
  4. Make a smaller ball and put it on the bigger one.
  5. Add accessories of your choice.

There you go, you have your personal snowman! Poor, Frosty's life was a very short one because some idiots decided to decapitate him. For more details on this, TPF's post needs to be read.

R.I.P Frosty, We all miss you and loved you from the bottom of our hearts.

*sniff*

6 comments:

Scoot said...

so sorry to know Frosty was decapitated...kids!!but i really loved reading this.thanks for the instructions to build a snow man.that was very lucid.

The Poodle's Friend said...

Who would have thought patting snow could be so entertaining!
Love the instructions...reminded me of the 'method' part of practical writeups!
Speaking of, have you done your chemistry yet? *wags finger*

Panacea said...

hey, let my chemistry be...i've left it for a month now, leaving it for another one is not going to make a difference

Anonymous said...

wow! no really, wow! you are insane. i dont know how no one's tried to have you committed yet.
would you like me to read your horoscope for you?
beware of men in white jackets and avoid long sleeved clothing ( specially the kind that can have the sleeves tied round the back.)

that said, really cool duckie.
funny how you have time for all that but not enough time to mail me. hmmmm...

Panacea said...

Come on cookie, i mail you often enough. Yeah, i agree, its really weird that I'm not in a mental home yet isnt it? I think they're waiting for my 19th birthday and then they're going to take me!

oh btw, on a completely unrelated note, how claustrophobic would those strait jackets make one feel?

Anonymous said...

not claustrophobic. your face wouldn't be covered so no need to worry.