Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Death and the Maths Teacher

So, I've been thinking (ok folks, no need to already start with your mocking, contrary to popular public opinion, I do think, sometimes!) So coming back to my original point, I've been wondering whether dreaming of killing your Maths teacher 3 times, using 3 different methods, in a period of 3 weeks is some sort of a premonition. Alright, fine, I admit it, I don't particularly like him, but that doesn't mean I want him dead either. Apparently, my subconscious has some other ideas! I a bit creeped out about the whole thing actually. After all I have my own reasons of having something personal against him. Last night he spoke to my mother for 20 mins for Parents' Evening about first, my ethnic origin and then, his ethnic origin and nothing on my (non-existant) mathematical abilities. Its not like I'm that bad in maths that he should even refuse to altogether talk about my (non-existant) maths skills to my mother. Oh yes, while we're talking about Parents' Evening, my Chemistry teacher was so drunk last evening that he could hardly speak to my mother without sluring and smelling of alcohol combined with cigerette smoke. As you can imagine, my mother loves Parents' Evenings, she finds them ever so amusing!

This brings me onto my next topic. Does anyone else apart from me have a mental hit-list? Well, my mental hit-list is a list of people who in my belief are wasting space on earth by existing. If tomorrow, they just die because of some random disease, freak accident or are just tortured to death, I wouln't particularly care. I wont even feel even a tiny bit of sympathy for them because they really do deserve it. Alright, I'm not leaving tonight on a random mission to kill all these people. Nope, I dont really want to kill anybody, I just wish they would drop dead or something! I know its a horrible thought and it makes me a horrible person to even to think this considering my previous post was all about a public system of justice and everything but you know what, I personally dont care about these people because they're not even good people, so why should I force myself to even care about them? Holy fuck, I know I sound like I have issues, but I dont. I'm just indifferent to people I dont like.

PS: In case you're not a nerd like me, the title of the post is a slightly adapted from Death and the Maiden by Ariel Dorfman (it is also a piece of classical music by Schubert). Its a good play, and I strongly recommend it no matter that TPF says. I blame AKB for TPF's cynical attitude towards this play.
PPS: I just love Gift of the Gorgon by Peter Shaffer. We're studying this play right now for English class and its brillant, more than just brillant actually. *sigh* Mr Shaffer, I know you're 80, but I still love you from the bottom of my heart.

5 comments:

The Poodle's Friend said...

Oh, I can so think of a few people...
Yeah, you suck in maths.

Anonymous said...

Dear Miss Panacea,
I may be 80 years old, but that doesn't mean I can't be loved! I love you too. Thanks for all your support.
Yours,
Peter

Anonymous said...

Honestly, you math nerd! What's all this false modesty?! Plus you and your math teacher bond - i can see the special connection between you two, through the see-through door from my class, when ur having maths. Simply lovely. Honey, you are in for it (whatever that means).
As for killing people - i have tried for years now (as you well know) to think up a way to get a new chemistry teacher, including poisoning his coffee. I have now given up. Wisely, I believe. So face the facts, and...
smile and wave, honey, smile and wave!
Harry

Panacea said...

Dear Mr Shaffer,
*sob* you have no idea how much your little note meant to me. I even have a Peter Shaffer shrine at home that I worship in the same way Alan worshipped Equus.

Harry,
you're right...we're in for it, arnt we?
Well, this sucks!

Anonymous said...

Dear Miss Panacea,
I am flattered at the attention. Be sure that I return it with equal enthusiasm; I have now created a Panacea shrine at my humble abode.

Yours,
Peter

PS: I believe that we have now reached a degree of familiarity whereby it would be perfectly acceptable to be on first name terms.