Tuesday, September 26, 2006

University Reds

First of all I must apologise for my recent disappearance from the blogosphere. University began a few weeks ago, and therefore I have been pretty busy lately. Also TPF is leaving for Uni on Wednesday and I have been spending every bit of my spare time with her later.

What can I say about Uni? It's different, very different from high school. Everything seems so completely and frighteningly big here. When I say different I don't mean bad different though. But I miss my friends and Dave. TPF darling, it's not the same without you! *sniff* I can't make silly jokes anymore or make obscure references and have someone actually understanding them. On a lighter note, I emailed Dave a few days ago and he replied today *fangirlish squeal*. It made my day. I don't sound like an almost 19 year old University student, do I?

For those who are actually interested, I am getting my degree in a course called, International Economics and Management. I'm sure it sounds more impressive than it actually is. It is not as cool as it sounds (well, this is assuming you think it sounds cool) It just involves a lot of Maths, Economics and Law, at least for now that is. I've been meeting loads of new people, practicing my Italian (which sucks, by the way) and pretending to actually care about my studies. I can't believe I actually have three hour lectures. My longest lesson in school used to last for 70 minutes. Yes, I am whinging here, so please bear with me.

Social life seems to be on a weird high (kind of). I just got invited today to go to Germany this weekend for three days for the October Beer Fest (which is a beer festival, as you must have already deciphered from it's name). The festival involves going to Germany on Friday, drinking beer all of Saturday, getting hung over all of Sunday and coming back to Uni on Monday. If people have already started tutting and mentally chiding Pan off, I am not actually planning to attend this thing. I am a responsible young, adult who would not even dream of going to weird alcohol festivals.

I've been meeting a whole lot of new people lately and I'm terrible with their names. I don't remember the names of half the people I've had conversations with. Therefore, I've been a very horrible person and come up with mental nicknames for people. These include AcneBoy, FizzHead, HotBoy, CuteRear, NerdyGirl, FashionVictiom etc. I have also started catagorising people by their nationality, which admittedly is not a very nice thing to do. But I'm always going to be known as IndianGirl to people, so it is not technically horrible of me to call people NorwegianBoy or HungarianGirl, right?

Anyways, after more than a week of attending Uni I have come to the conclusion that the world is full of a hell of a lot of weird people and I happen to be one of them.

8 comments:

Eris said...

how can you not go to october fest if you've got a chance???????
go! go!
you moron! ive always wanted to and i can't. wah!
i cannot believe you.

Panacea said...

Eris: Okay here is a sample conversation -

Pan: um, mum and dad, I'm going away this weekend to Germany for this thing called the October Fest.
Pan's Mum: What exactly is this October Fest?
Pan: It's this beer festival thingie, where we go, drink beer by the litre, get drunk and meet other drunk people.
Pan's Dad: Who exactly are you planning to go with?
Pan: Eh, these guys from college who asked me. I'm not quite sure what their names are, but I can tell you their nationality and they seem really nice.


See, they're totally going to let allow me go to this one :)

Eris said...

ok.
i see how you might have a point.

Nikki said...

YOU MUST GO TO OCTOBERFEST!

Go girl - GO!

Szerelem said...

ooohh....u really should go for the October fest!!!

And enjoy uni....econs will be a slow death trust me....

The Poodle's Friend said...

OMG, Pan. Do not go to the Oktoberfest. You know what Germans eat for breakfast? RAW MEAT. You do not want that kind of tragedy in your life.

Sniff. This place is weird. People drive on the wrong side of the road.

Panacea said...

Nikki: I know, I should really go there, but I think I'll wait for a year or two. I might go next year when I actually know the people with whom I am travelling and I'll drag TPF along too :) That way when I get drunk, she can take care of me.

Szerelem: ooh hi, *waves*. That's it, I'm going next year for the October fest with TPF! You've all got me convinced :D
As I already told you on your blog, you've now got me all rather terrified of my own undergrad course.

TPF: Germans eat raw meat for breakfast? Now that's a new one!
Dude, it's not weird. They actually drive on the side of the road that all cars should be driven.
*sigh* I miss you! Milan's not the same without your graceful presence.

The Poodle's Friend said...

Eh, Cam isn't the same without you either. Sniff.